Sunday morning and I just put the WELD-WOOD solvent based contact cement to the rubber and felt after an extremely aggressive wire brushing to both surfaces.
Pounded the sole onto the rubber with a hammer but as the edges started to lift apart I clamped down on the edges with six sets of Quick-Grip clamps.
Funny thing is I went to the Depot to get contact cement and realized I had a quart of it in my work trailer... duh... Use the stuff from time to time applying "transitions" when I install laminate flooring for the Big Orange Box and it works great.
BTW.. I install tile on floors, backsplashes and throughout bathrooms and do a wicked awesome job; also hardwood... (small "plug" if any of you need a hand with a project) LOL
Will leave clamped for at least three days... by then hopefully the rivers will clear of mud and debris and I get them wet.
I really love these shoes and hope this works.
Last edited by Corbo; 04-28-2013 at 01:04 PM..