View Single Post
  #6  
Old 05-08-2013, 11:56 AM
tnflyfisher's Avatar
tnflyfisher tnflyfisher is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 307
Default

You are spot on...
IMO there really is no one perfect rod for the mountains but a good 8' 4wt or 5wt is about a close to it as you can get with only having one stick.

My personal preference is for my 8'9" TFO finesse 4wt. It is the go-to rod for me and it can cover 90% of the fishing that I do in the Smokies. The other 10% I will grab the 7'9" version. A very effective two rod, one reel combo, for anyone looking for a nice mountain set up. Also works just as well in 5wt configuration...


Tight Lines,
Reply With Quote