View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:10 AM

Default the little pig.

The little pigeon has been pretty crowded over that last several weeks. On my way to work, mornings and home in the evenings , I can usually count 10-12 people every day fishing the same holes over and over. The bass are getting pounded in the main sections of the river from downtown down to wilderness. Lots of people using live bait.
My son and I fished for 3 hrs on Monday and had to move to new locations 3 times to find places to fish. We moved upstream and He did manage to catch 4 small bass on a Clouser before we left in frustration. we would be working our way downstream to a pool and someone would come down out of the bushes to fish in front of us.
several drifters and personal float craft on the river as well.
I sure wish TVA would slow down the generation from the tailwaters to give the freestones a break from all the pressure.
I fished it with Grampus last friday evening for bream with a 3wt, and it was pretty good before the cold front. They were not spawning yet like the bass are, so its a good option for some fun fishing with ultralight flyrods.
I've caught some good fish this year so far, back in April, and hope to continue but will have to go to some other locations to find unpressured water right now.

The GOOD news is that TWRA is checking licenses on the river.