Thread: Clinch 5/19
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 08:16 AM

Default Clinch yesterday

My opinion, for what it's worth .....

Anybody who has fished the Clinch in any form or fashion with any regularity pretty much knows what to expect, where and when. My saying/sharing with others on this board that I had a good day in a certain location on the river should not be disclosing any big secret. I seriously doubt it has much influence at all whether more people head to the river.

So, this begs the question; why have a place to share this information? Does it promote business for the sponsor, LRO? To a certain extent, sure. Is that bad? **** no! Does it promote interest in fishing, fly or otherwise? Sure it does. Next time you are out fishing take a look around to see how many young people are enjoying the sport. From my personal experience, you are going to see far more white hair out there than 20 somethings. I am all for disconnecting as many kids as possible from their XBox to discover the great outdoors.

As Madison Boats points out, the river is a resource for all of us. Let's share it, take care of it, protect it and encourage others to do the same.