View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 10:44 AM

Talking Don't Mess with Texas

Other great titles include:

Texas - the lone fish state

Texas (don't) Holdem

Being a local of the area allows you much more time to explore the parks waters. I know many of you are like me, spending hours looking at detailed Smokies maps searching for a new stream to fish. Maybe even a secret honey hole stream that even detailed internet searches turn up nothing. It was this kind of searching by Freddie that lead us on today's adventure. While these trips are a failure most of the time, it allows you to visit lots of places off the beaten path, and every now and again you find a gem

Since these trips are usually "map inspired" sometimes half that challenge is finding the right starting place.

And even when you think you've found the right place, you find it's not going to get you to where you want to go, and it's time to move to Plan B

More of a hike, but at least we will be heading where we want to go. We weren't the only turkeys in the woods. Bad shot but in right tire groove at back of pic was best I could get

In not too long we were at a sister stream

This one holds trout but would not be a good destination unless your marking streams off the map or something.

In search of Sam's bathtub. Sam suffered from biscuit poisoning, and was too big to fit in a tub so they stacked him a tub in the creek. There were two places that looked like possibilities

I call this whole section of the park the land of rock walls. Lots of Scottish ancestry in the area

Lots of home sites to explore