Nice report. Were those mushrooms growing off a piece of wood or out of the ground. I'm can't tell with my phone. If they're growing off wood, they may be oyster mushrooms. In which case you may be a little upset they didn't make the trip home with you. They make morels taste like cheap mac&cheese.
Disclaimer, noone reading this should eat anything because I think it may look like something based off a picture. Do not eat wild mushrooms unless you are 100% certain it is safe, or your drunk buddy who will try anything once does it first, and lives.