View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
I know it sucks, but you can't dwell in the past. I miss the Clinch during the 90's when no one fished it and the fishing was incredible. I miss the Cumberland when the dam wasn't screwed up, the water was clear/cold, and there was no one else from Knoxville fishing it. I miss the Holston below Cherokee when no one knew there were trout there, and overlooked it because they didn't like smallmouth. I miss the days when folks didn't like smallmouth.

You get the point, I could go on and on. Instead I just move and adjust to the annual challenges and changes that occur.
Jim,
I can understand and relate to many of your frets. I can remember when the Clinch went through the lull in the 90s. It was rare to see people on the river and land and houses were dirt cheap (well, actually cheaper than avg. house prices). I should have jumped at the chance on a few properties. However; I really did not have the money anyhow.

I like your philosophy on how to approach things. I find it frustrating at times to keep an open mind; but, I realize I am just being quarrelsome with myself. I think if we work together, share our thoughts, and keep an open mind; we can make things better for everyone.
In the end; the rivers and our natural resources need us to protect them in the near future.
to choose, to respond, to change.”