View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 12:14 PM

Default Smoky Mtns. this month in TU magazine

Just opened this month's Trout Unlimited and was happy to see two articles about the Smokies this issue. Both articles by same writer, and in both great mentions of Byron, LRO and it's contributions to the park. The feature article is about Steve Moore, GSMNP fisheries biologist and his work in the park alonside the TU volunteers, I have been fortunate to have been a helper on some projects with Steve and this is a well deserved tribute to his service in the park. If you are not a current member of Trout Unlimited see if you can borrow this issue or better yet become a member and have access to the print version of this and future issues, it's also available to members in electronic version via the web. The magazine is top flight an gives insight into people and places who love fishing like the rest of us. I have met many people thru TU and can say first hand if you love fishing and the outdoors it's a great place to share a common bond and help protect and preserve the waters we love! Once again tip of the hat to Steve, Byron, and LRO crew for their dedication. Have a Happy and safe Fourth of July!

"Nothing straightens out my mind like a twisting mountain stream!"