View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonBoats View Post
Floating is great on zero to 1 generator for most fly fishing.

2 generators if you are throwing big streamers and targeting some big boys. Although, I have the lowest catch rate.

If you have a kayak or canoe; zero is very doable to float the river. However; you probably should wait and do it on one generator to get a good feel of the run. Plus; it can be a long drift with no push.

It will take you about 5-6 hours to go from Millers to the jail on one if you are fishing and not just paddling. I would not suggest that drift on zero generators as it will be extremely taxing on your body and it could be a long day if you are trying to fish certain sections. You will find that you have to start passing good areas up to maintain a decent pace to get home before dark.

http://www.smokystreams.com/maps/tennessee/index.htm

Order one of JoeFred's Clinch Maps....I helped him with some of the information on it and it is excellent for reference.
Here is a link to his tailwater maps.
+1. I ordered this map (well all of them actually) and they are top notch. I unknowingly paid too much and JoeFred gave me money back when I didn't even know I sent too much. Fair dude with a good product.