View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 06:10 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFlyFisher View Post
I went to that bridge that directs you to Ramsey Cascades where the there is a fork in the river - one part going left, the other going right. I took the left one. It was beautiful, fairly large water, but all of the fishies were 5-6 inches. It might take a dozen of those to add up to a pound.

I just figured with that size of water you would see plenty of fairly chunky trout, but I'm still a newbie out here!
My guess is that you weren't stealth enough to get the big boys to play. That section of stream holds plenty of big fish While on my trip last week I didn't get any pics of some big ones. I did land 2 in the 9-10 inch range. First jumped out of my hand before I could grab the shot. Second I even thought to myself take pic before you take out fly, but like a fool I didn't and that one leaped away also. I also hooked one I would guess was 11-12 at the end of the pool but as he dropped into the wood pile below that drop he was long gone by the time I could reach down to try and grab him. Some days it seems more of the big boys are out. Sometimes it's all Brookies or all rainbow. Sometimes they don't bite at all Guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching