for stripers in nashville area
1) wait til water temp percy priest lake is at least 48 deg. with normal winter about second week of march.
2) check weather forcast for wind direction during the time you're allotted to fish.
3) check map of the lake and find points where you'll be casting into the wind. a south or southwest wind is usually best, east or southeast next. you always want the wind in the face or quartering.
4) wade to where only the fifth or sixth whitecap comes over the top of your waders.
5) white or cream colored streamers. buctails with some flash.