View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 08:06 PM

Default Re: TN vs NC fishing licenses

That was my point too, JF. I think these multi-day prices could be better. The fishing is worth it but everyone doesn't know that.

Daniel,
Thanks for posting the info on the junior license. That isn't a bad price. I'm looking at this from the standpoint of a family coming up for a couple of multi-day trips a year. It would be pretty pricey for a family of 4 that were all 16 or over. I hope that TWRA takes heed of this and offer some kind of family deal. I have spoken with several people in private emails that can't afford it. I'm in agreement with the cost going up on the annual because I know it will be used wisely but TWRA needs to look at a few things regarding family and muti-day use permits. As far as I know, they don't offer a 1 day. Running from March 1st - March 1st is ridiculous. I've had a lot of people complain about that. If it is late in the season they just won't buy one. They just tell me they won't fish here until they can get a year license that's good for the whole year.

If die hard fishermen are complaining about these prices then it's my humble opinion that TWRA needs to look at a few things. If the multi-day prices were lower I think they would sell more year license with a run from the date of purchase. Before anyone thinks I'm attacking TWRA let me say that I applaud their efforts for the great fishing in this state! I'm simply putting a few ideas out here.