View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 04:35 PM

Default Re: new brookie rules

The March 2006 issue of Fly Rod & Reel was pretty much dedicated to the most beautful of all fish, the Brook Trout. Included in the section on the southern Brook Trout was noted a study being done on the "Brookies" in the GSMNP. It includes some of the information in the "Immediate Release" posted by sammcdonald. As a non-resident of Tennessee but a lover of the park and ALL the fish in it I hope all anglers will use good judgment when considering killing a fish for the table. I am not against using the resource just against abusing it.

I have found it much easier to have my fish at Long John Silvers and Captain D's. No cleaning, no cooking and no smelly hands. It is seldom in life that we get to correct our mistakes of the past, especially in the realm of fish and wildlife, and in my humble opinion this is one that does not need to be screwed up again.

Might I be so bold as to suggest that if you release an undersize fish that you suspect may not survive that it be counted as part of you daily limit. I can't improve on what Henry David Thoreau said, "Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after".

Once again, this message board is an excellent forum. Great job LRO!

gary <*))))><