Thread: Clinch River
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Clinch River

Peach orchard is best by boat, or drift down to the first set of shoals and wade there...sometimes you can catch some risers on the edge of the boat ramp from shore, but its best to hit Millers or around the wier dam.

I was out there this past week and heard the word was that fishing was tough... its definately slower that day than should have been with spring on and sulphurs around the corner...I did manage some average fish, but had to work for em. Strange enough, though I pumped a few stomach and they had quite a few sulphur nymphs, I wasn't catching fish off that nymph pattern, but the ol standby of balckfly larvae I had dropped off below...

A side note, one cannot help but notice the new growth of algae or what ever that stuff that has taken over the whole stream bed around Millers...a light tan growth that is thick and covers everything with a wool like texture. Last time I saw this water it was green and dark, now its an odd shade of brown. Hope this is not a cause and effect of the fishing....I turned over seveal rocks and did not see the quanity of scuds and blackfly larvae as used to be everpresent there... anyone with some insight

Waterborn