Thread: Is it just me
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Is it just me

Thankfully no bathers as of yet. It isn't just a problem here. My wife and I go to Mich. every fall to fish the AuSable and Manistee. Up there it is the canoers. Some are very nice people who raise their paddles and drift silently by with a hello and how's the fishing. Others seem to go out of their way to be loud and intrusive. Talking to some of the regulars up there it seems it is becoming a bigger problem every year. They have the added problem of trash( beer and soda cans/bottles, plastic sandwich bags, chip bags etc.) being thrown out of the canoes by some of the jerks. From my experience in Mich. I would say it isn't totally generational, but it does seem like the younger you are the more likely the less consideration you have for others. And sadly gender doesn't seem to be that much of a factor. I have seen young women who were every bit as inconsiderate as young men. I know I am dating myself here, but women used to be the more civilized of the two sexes, but I am not so sure about that anymore.