View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 04:24 PM

Default Re: where does gatlinburg waters start?

The area between Gatlinburg and Pigeon forge is known as the "spur" and I can't remember if where the childrens stream ends is where the need for a Gatlinburg permit is ends as well...if you stop at the childrens stream area there are little mailboxes with gatlinburg fishing maps on it with better boundary layouts...at any rate, a trout stamp will be needed in addition to regular day licenses - then the extra Gatlinburg stamp if you do plan on fishing any waters on the map. Don't know how young your friends kids are, but if under 12 will have a blast in the childrens waters - they stock some fatties in there for them. I like to take my 3 and 4 year old there when they want to go fishing.
As far as the paved trail for fishing, haven't been there in a while- but the gradient is not too bad and there are some nice fish around, waters colder there year round - but its spring time and fish are feeding. If you go up a little more to some of those "quiet walkways" immeditaly past the sugarland trail on the left, access is too bad, and you'll definately find some solitude but only be minutes from the main road.

Waterborn