Thread: Is it just me
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Is it just me

I think RFowler said it best, it's just "God testing your patience." I'm in no way defending the actions of people that most of us would consider to be rude, but how do you respond to those people? How can you teach them? What can they learn that they can also pass down to others, and ultimately, generationally to their kids, etc? Remember, many of the people visiting the park have never had the opportunity to be in such a great and peaceful place. They don't know how to act. Many bring the city with them. It's our job to help them bring a little country back to their home. That's what it's all about for me. Though it's tough, that's what it should be about for all of us. Trust me, I can get a good bit of road rage driving the cove to Abrams Creek and 100 "touron" cars stop for a groundhog. In retrospect, I realize that I was the one acting like a moron. Please understand, I'm just trying to encourage all of us to take a step back and look at the big picture...and I'm talking mainly to myself. I, for one, would take the bad times anyday over no times at all. Can I get an amen brother?

Also, I'm glad there are postings on here about these situations. Even the thread about stream etiquette between fishermen. It's a great resource for people who have never visited to understand how they should treat others when they come to the GSMNP. Let's keep it coming.