View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 10:19 PM

Default Re: advice on which River to fish in June?

This last March a friend and I booked a half day guided trip with Chuck at Little River Outfitters. It was the best money I've spent on fly fishing - I learned more in that half day than anything I've gotten out of magazines, tv, videos, etc. The techniques and and methods aren't difficult to master, you just need someone to show you the best way to approach this type of water.

As a bonus, you reduce the time spent exploring to identify the productive spots. Since this varies, depending on time of year and conditions, it really is worth finding out where the best conditions are at any given time. The fishing reports really have some good info, (THANKS Byron!). ...and I've stopped by the shop and left with highlighted map locations that have really helped. But the best was the 'accelerated learning curve' from the time on the water with Chuck that gave me information I will continue to use on future trips to the Smokies.

In the past I've made two or three trips a year to the Smokies, but after this last one with a guide, I'm planning on doubling that at least. Now if this 'work thing' will stop getting in the way...