View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Greenbrier/Ramsay Prong Report

Hello Hans,

I'm glad you able to catch some brookies at Greenbriar. I am already anxious to head that way this summer for some higher-elevation fishing. I was able to catch some fish on my trip in May on the Mad River in Ohio. I caught some browns and 2 rainbows on a Prince nymph using the 9' 3 wt fly rod that I showed you on the Greenbriar. The length of this rod works real well fishing small nymphs. Thanks for the response to my fiberglass blank post. I ordered a few things from mudhole yesterday since they were having a Memorial Weekend sale. I haven't ordered a blank yet, but I am thinking of getting the Lamiglas 7'6", 4 wt, 3 pc blank. If I like it I might end up selling my Orvis Superfine. I really enjoy fishing with rods that I build myself, just adds a personal touch I guess. Beware, once you start building rods you will have a closet full before you know it I applied for some forestry jobs in Tennessee a week and half ago, and hopefully I will have some luck, as I am getting very anxious to move farther north so I can do more trout fishing and be closer to my family.

Have fun and enjoy Memorial Day

Neal