planning hiking trip - help please
whisperer sez: those of you that know me from over on the NGTO board know that i do some hiking in the Ga, NC, Va areas, and this summer i thought i'd take a walk in the volunteer state. after studing some maps, i've come up with a loop hike around the citico creek wilderness - down grassy branch, up north citico, back down south citico, back up grassy branch and out. this looks like a three day hike, but i'm not familiar with the area. so, can anyone help me with this?
* are these trails in good shape?
* should i allow some time for fishing at higher elevations?
* this trek goes right by ike camp branch...should i spend any time there?
* is my three-day estimate about right?
* is this a popular hike...will there be other hikers at planned campsites?
* should i take precautions regarding bears?
any information you can provide will certainly help me put this little outing together, and i'd be very appreciative.