View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 09:44 PM

Default My week of fishing in the Smokies

My family and I camped in Townsend. Went to LRO's to get my licenses and supplies. Daniel waited on me and while doing so I mentioned that I have yet to catch a brook in the Smokies. He did not hesitate to circle an area on my map in the Chimney's area. I gave it my best, but I still was not fortunate enough to catch one. Thanks for the tip Daniel, I will return to that area next year.

Got a lot of fish (all bows) in the Middle prong stream, that is my favorite stream to fish. One evening I decided to fish Little River after all the tubers finally got off of the water. I was in the middle of the stream doing my thing when I heard a car stop on the road. The foliage being so thick I could only hear the car door shut. Here comes this woman over the bank, in a hurry I might add. She starts to pull down her pants and before I could say, uh lady.....next thing I know there is big ole butt about 25 yds. from me. I guess she had to go bad. I turned my back like a gentlemen and just kept fishing. She never knew I was there.

By the way, the bows I did catch were very healthy and I honestly believe this one bow I caught on a hare's ear nymph, was 4 or 5 years old. Biggest rainbow I have ever caught in the Smokies. We all had a great time and even though I did not get to fish as much as I wanted (family bonding) it was still a privilege to fish those waters again.