View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Missouri Trout .... closer to St. Louis

For trout streams close to StL. *Check out Blue Springs Creek, Mill Creek, for wilder fish. *I would avoid Meramec Springs State Park, However below the park on Meramec River (stocker bows and browns with the chance of some big browns) can fish good if you beat the aluminum hatch. *Look for Cardiac and Suicide accesses or pay to park in Meramac and walk out side the park to fish. *

If you don't mind driving a bit further you should definately hit up the Current River, fish the trophy sections. *Tricos in the morning, Caddis in the evening and nymphs/buggers in the middle of the day. *As well as hoppers, beetles and ants. *It is not uncommon to catch 15 inch plus browns on the current. *Look for Baptist camp access, Cedar Grove and Parker Hollow (tuff to find though). *The Current can out fish the North Fork of the White most days.

Check out www.ozarkchronicles.com or send me a message and I'll give you detailed directions. *I grew up in Rolla, MO and those are my home waters. *I've also got some maps of the Current on my blog (listed below).

www.flyfishtennessee.com
www.facebook.com/flyfishtennessee