Thread: where to go
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 09:26 AM

Default where to go

first off, let me say how blessed we are to have a place like LRO. I have been searching the internet for fishing reports all across the country, and I can tell you that 90% of them are not current. thank you byron for a detailed daily fishing report. that being said, I was hoping some of you more experienced anglers could help me. I have some time off of work and am planning on heading somewhere to fish for a few days, possibly even up to 2 weeks. could anyone give me suggestions as to where to go? I can't afford a guide, will probably camp or sleep in my car, and live on potted meat (just kidding about that) but am up for anything really. I first thought about heading northeast, say VA, PA, and NY. any suggestions? But I am also considering heading west, san juan, or yellowstone area. I need a river I can wade, and something with relatively easy access, as I'm not really in the mood for a 10 mile solo hike in grizzly country. also I'd prefer somewhere that had good dry fly or terrestrial action right now. sorry to post this here, but as I said before, I'm having a horrible time trying to find these answers online. also, if anyone has the time or desire to go, I'd be up for having a fishing partner, and if you knew some good places to go even better. as I said before, I have lots of time off of work available so I can do whatever I want really. 2 days up to 2 weeks, and I plan on leaving soon. any suggestions greatly appreciated.