View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 08:39 PM

Default Re: The Tuckaseegee in NC

Hey Justfishing,
The Tuckaseegee is a tailwater in western NC. I have only been on the river a couple of times but I can tell a few things about it. They should have started stocking the delayed harvest section this week. That section won't be open to harvest until the first weekend in June. From what I'm told, its the best trophy trout water in the state. One of the times I was on it , I had my two boys with me and we had been fishing the Nantahala and decided to drive over. I did not check the generation schedule and the river was full. One of the kids caught a decent trout on a spinner. Not knowing the river, I decided they did not need to be very far from the bank and we did not get to fish much. Another time, one of my fishing buddies and I drove over from Highlands and fished around on the upper end, on smaller water. We caught a few fish but knew we were not onthe trophy water and did not realize how far from it we were. This website will show roughly the layout, and the water arrival times at certain points along the river. nantahalapower.com/lakes/flow
I have much to learn myself over there. Am going to try and go in the next few weeks.

Tightlines,
M.Livingstone