View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Don't Ask, Don't Tell????

This stuff has been beaten to death in the past and I have taken many abusive comments and emails over the years regarding this. I have fished for 30 years and fly fished for 15. I don't consider myself uneducated and I know my fly fishing history more than most. I just want to say that people who believe in witholding information are kidding themselves. Fishing and flyfishing is actually experiencing a decline. License sales are down in most states. If revenues are down the resources to protect and conserve are not there and this will ultimately have a trickle down effect and it will lead to taxpayers not wanting to spend money on conservation and wildlife. If PETA and others get more clout fishing will eventually be outlawed. I guess what I am trying to say is that I take an opposite view on this and respectfully disagree. I am in no way trying to start an argument just expressing my opposing view. I know for a fact that in Europe the governments have started to question fishing and if it is even ethical beacuse people have left the sport and the public have been persuaded to believe it to be a relic from the past which should be abolished. Just my 2 cents worth.