View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 08:23 PM

Default A gret day up high.

I had a tremendous day today in the park. I caught 36 rainbows, 5 Brook Trout and 3 Brown Trout. No lunkers but a few went 8" and a Brown which went to 8".
I hiked 13.5 miles today and I am totally wore out. I have never hiked that much in a day of fishing but it was worth it. The only damper on the whole thing is the fact that I lost my fishing buddy Neal (pineman) somewhere on the trail. We began fishing at 9:30 am and I never did see him again. I got back to my truck at 5:30 and he was gone. Normally we leapfrog and one of us will run into the other but I kept on pushing upstream but no Neal. I guess I must have passed him on the trail since there were a few spots where I had to get out of the stream because of all th foliage. I'm sure he is alright though since he was already gone when I got back to the trailhead. I hope he had as good day as I did. I caught most of my fish on an Orange Palmer size 14. They were taking the dry with gusto. I caught one brook trout who was obviously in spawning colors, (male). There were a lot of small cream midges coming off late pm. No real hatches during the day except a few yellow sallies, which is late for them.
Water temp 55 degrees. It was a fantastic day but I was a little worried for a while about my buddy.