Thread: Soho 11-05-2006
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Soho 11-05-2006

Thanks for your reply! I hadn't thought of current being a factor but it does make sense, and now I see the TVA and TWRA conflict fish vs. power. It's obvious to say which brings more revenues and it's also obvious to see why this system isn't in place in every tailwater! If such a tailwater was in place fisherman would have to give up fishing times, due to twice as much generation to keep up with energy needs in tailwaters. Which in some like the clinch would make it almost unfishable! I see now what really has the effect on the insect population. More food equals more fish less food equals less fish. I'd like to know whats being done about this! Water side studys and some action taking place would be nice to know about. I can see it is quite the dillema though. I've also seen the effects of heavy generation on tailwaters such as the Clinch. I'd imagine this effects the bottom on which ever river system until it reaches portions of the river that are deep or deeper than the rest of the tailwater, not effecting the bottom as much! Would a wier system in place at a tailwater such as the Clinch have any effect on it's tailwater, and does certain insects have a specific location or depth of water in which they reside? I'm guessing they do, making a good explaination for anglers catching larger fish on float trips in deeper water. Amongst the obvios, do the bigger trout make it to deeper water for that reason, or is it simply for cover purposes?

Your a great brain to pick, and thanks for the info Hugh!
Fishermansfly
~Brett