View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 06:49 PM

Default Re: LRO beginner tying class

Hey Folks,

I used to help Walter teach the class. Now he does it with Brian Courtney. I don't think the next class is full so you may just have Walter. Our fall classes don't get much attention. The winter classes fill up quick. You don't need to bring anything. We furnish all tools and materials. You'll start with the easy flies in the morning then move on to some more difficult flies in the afternoon. You'll start with the Green Weenie and then the Wooly Bugger. We've been teaching this class for around eight years. We've got it figured out. You will tie 5 patterns and probably finish 3 flies of each. We'll bring in lunch around noon for you. Here's how it works. You will spend about an hour learning how to use the tools. Then you will watch Walter tie the first pattern. You will go back to your desk and start tying that pattern under the close supervision of your instructor. That will repeat for each pattern. You will also have a step by step book with photographs that Walter and I took and wrote. In the beginner class you will also get another great book to take home along with the one Walter and I wrote. I have never heard anyone say they didn't enjoy the class. Walter is a patient master of fly tying and one of the best trout anglers I know. You will get a lot out of the class and it's something to look forward to. See you soon.

Byron