Thread: Thanks Trevor
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Thanks Trevor

Trevor,

That's the house. They call it the Stillhouse and it was built in the 1700's. I stayed there once during the Whitefly hatch. The porch would be covered with mayflies every morning. The Allenberry pepole would sweep them off every day. "The Run", what a great place. Back in the late 70's and early 80's there was a lot more water running through it. At some point they diverted some of the flow to the other run that goes by the swimming pool which lowered the flow in the Run. I was there one morning, suffering from a terrible cold in the Spring. It had rained all night and The Run was muddy. I tied on a black Wooly Bugger and caught a 24" brown. My buddy Frank stayed and fished while I went to town to get the pictures developed at a one hour photo. When I returned I stopped by the fly shop to pick up some more black wooly buggers. They were out of them. The guy told me they had plenty but some fella caught a huge brown trout on one that morning and he sold out of them immediately. I pulled out a picture and showed him the trout.

Byron.