View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 04:19 PM

RW,
I think most legitimate guides would be all for a permit system from the state.

As far as the Clinch goes, and my own personal observations for a slot limit, no, it's not scientific but a slot has proven to be beneficial to many other waters around the country. The size range wouldn't have to be totally excluded from someones creel. How about making it one fish per day in that size range? I just hate to see a stinger full of fish in the 16-22" size range leave the river in big numbers like I've seen before.

I never said anything about closing any part of the river down to anyone.

As I said before, the Holston has thermal problems in the Fall. It's not a good candidate for special regs if most of the fish are going to die from year to year.

I guess the majority (not economically) will still dictate what the rest of us do on the Clinch. After all, they know whats best for us. I very seriously doubt the mortality rate is the same for C&R as it is for baitfishing.

Let me reiterate for anyone coming into this discussion late. I have no problems whatsoever with baitfisherman. As long as they follow the laws. I'm not bashing on anyone for their prefered method of fishing. I'm just simply trying to get a slot limit on the Clinch. One similar to the South Holston. To think it won't benefit from such a thing is a little confusing to me.

Any reg has the potential not to be honored. Dishonest people like that are going to do as they please, regardless. So I guess we souldn't even bother because of a few putz's out there?