View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 08:36 PM

RW,
I'm throwing in the Wooly Bugger of Peace!

Whatever I will say, you will disagree. So this gets old, and we don't agree on anything and nothing gets done. Heck, it doesn't matter what you or I say, TWRA has and will do whatever they want to do, or what is agreed to with a good old boy handshake, with some science thrown in to make it look good. They are appointed "officials"........Agreed?

Now about that mortality issue. Both you and I know that "figures lie..and liers figure". Ok, are we good with that? So for every article you can find on high mortality, I can find one on low mortality. That's why there are things like mean, mode, p values, and the likes. Agreed?

On the River Keeper issue. Those words were uddered from the head TWRA fisheries biologist himself, not me, years ago when TWRA had the last public meeting in Clinton I believe at a school. I was there (as opposed to trying to catch fish at the CC...enough of that comment). I am sorry I don't remember names well, flys, runs, insects, no problem.. Now I am paraphrasing for you, but he said "if the public was to come up with the 30-35K required to hire a RIVER KEEPER that there could be increased coverage on the Clinch. This was after there was a show of hands in a PACKED room of people that had had a license check in the past. One person raised their hand, of which began the discussion of short of help, logistics problems for the officers....too few to cover too much territory.

I bet we could raise the money with duel of 3wt at 60ft with a #26 barbless Griffith's Gnat at Miller's Island. Wait,that might not work, because someone would want to get released....HA! Bet I could take you into your backing!

OK so TWRA doesn't do anything.........probably. We are still left with 4-5 great tailwaters that some folks would give certain parts of their anatomy to fish on. But deep down, admit it RW.....you would just love to see the Clinch the way it was in the late 80's and early 90's again...Come on....admit it...no one will think less of you if you agreed with something just once.

Much Regards,
Flat Fly'n