View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 05:38 AM

Honestly, it's hard to pick just one stream to make a trip to. My backpacking partner and I have tried to come up with a list of places we wanted to go this year in the past and we always come up with a long list of places to go, more than we can do in one year. You really can't go wrong picking any stream, and with you saying you will go 5-6 miles back, the possibilities really are endless.

Deep creek is a good choice, but if you're really wanting to stray from the crowds, you may want to try forney creek or eagle creek. Eagle doesn't get much pressure at all since it's so close to hazel, and forney (if i remember correctly) has about 40 acres of virgin timber at it's headwaters so the brook trout fishing up there could be outstanding. Don't know for sure but i'll find out later this year as i think i am going to try and make a trip up there.

Anyways, it's hard to narrow down one choice. Maybe if you tell us what you are looking for in a fishing destination we could help you out a little more. Hope this helped.

Craig