View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 05:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to JimmyC

Just received an email about the plates. A very quick reply (something I have been quite fond of when dealing with anyone involved in the fly fishing industry, TU or others) and here's what I was told. Of course I'm hoping Dr. Davis won't mind me posting this email ... and I ordered mine too soon, no 10 bucks off for me =(

James,

First, thanks for purchasing the plate and supporting the TU specialty plate. We try to update www.tuplate.org , but it is a month behind.

Second, we have sold 425 as of this writing or 42.5 % of our goal. We have to presell 1,000 plates by June 30, 2008. Once we submit a check to the Dept of Safety, they will put the plate into production. It will take them 4-6 mos before your county clerk will notify you the plate is ready for pickup. An unused license time on your present plate will be prorated.

If do not sell the 1,000 plates by the deadline, your money will be refunded. We have a lock box and escrow account for the TU plate money separate from other TU funds.

We had an article in the winter issue of TROUT. I'm hoping to reach all 2,500 TU members in the state with that article in TROUT magazine and persuade those who are procrastinating in buying the plate to support our fishery conservation efforts to move forward to benefit not only the present generation, but future generations to come. You can help us by encouraging friends and family to buy a plate for conservation.

If you would like to directly help in soliciting other TU members in your chapter to buy the plate, please contact me by e-mail and we'll set at time to talk and derive an effective strategy to reach them and bring them on board.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you soon and please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Dr. Dick Davis, President
Trout Unlimited Cumberland Chapter # 181
4913 Tyne Valley Blvd.
Nashville, TN 37220-1531
H-615-297-3508
C-615-477-8936

Last edited by JimmyC; 02-18-2008 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: Forgot something