View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 09:30 PM

Great stuff in the seams as already mentioned - and gotta pay attention to all those crazy mountain cross currents - you'll definatelly have fish in odd places and many times facing at you down stream as they rest in a eddy...fishing seams and bubble lines and other areas where faster water rubs slower can hide fish....
something I always try to do though tough because I get impatient and excited to hit the water is to just stop at the waters edge and do nothing but be a consciencious observer....don't even rig your rod yet...just take a moment to absorb your self into the moment (no I'm not some quasi tree huggin new age hippie skippie - just love trout and the environs they live in) but really- you might spot some fish - see where they are hanging out - see how they are feeding and how they show themselves- are they feeding below,mid, or topwater.... pay attention to the currents to get to them, lay out a plan of approach on covering the stream...check streamside spiderwebs to see what bugs are there can help you choose a fly...you'd be suprised how much info you can get and apply as you work your way up stream to a rewarding first and many fish there after...