View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 12:21 PM

I fished Middle and East Prongs of the Little River on Saturday. Caught one small, but pretty bow in the EP and turned a couple on the MP. A slow, wet, but beautiful day in the mountains that all of us who lived out the drought last year would have found beautiful. The rivers were running full and all of the perenial streams were gushing water. It was a waterfall lover's dream day in the park!

Late in the afternoon, I hiked up the manway off Laurel Creek road that goes along the EP for about 1/4 mile and the sun came out for about an hour. It was a little bit of Smoky Mountains magic. There are some amazing pools up there and I just sat and watched big mayflies hatch (QG or BQ, don't know the difference) and lots of black stoneflies that thought my hat was quite the spot for a rest on their way to wherever they go.

I saw no trout rising all day, but there was food a-plenty all over. Weird, maybe it was just a little too cold yet where I was. I great day to be on the water nevertheless. I didn't think about work once...