Thread: vest or pack
View Single Post
  #27  
Old 03-22-2008, 12:02 PM
sprestwood's Avatar
sprestwood sprestwood is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 47
Default Confident angler

There are those who believe that having a lot of tackle is a sign of a lack of confidence is any tackle. The way a lure is fished with condidence can often be the deal maker as far as catching fish. When I first saw a backpack-tackle box, I got a real bad case of the over-excited-shakes. But considering I believe you should fish a lure for 30 minuites in any way you can, there is really not any ability to fish through a huge tackle box of lures.

Research and a few years experience on target waters can narrow your lures down to a minimum set of colors of life cycle bugs and other artificials. Im still working on those few years and research. Im still working cos that mininalist approach will work on 90% of the fish in the water, for the other 10% you got to do different things to get the different results.
Reply With Quote