View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 10:48 PM

Default New to the Board

Hello Everyone,
This is a really great site! I am really looking forward to contributing my fishing knowledge while learning new techniques and info from others. I am originally from NC (Greensboro/Wilmington), now living in TN. I have had a fishing rod in my hands since I was born. Just started to fly fish 6yrs ago, and absolutly fell in love with it. I've yet to catch trout on my fly rod. I've caught large/small mouth bass, bream, blue gill, and a striper. Tried to saltwater it back when i started, it was a disaster. Now that I have the technique down, I'm goin down to the gulf to do some serious saltwater flying this September. Very Excited! My gear--> 9ft South Bend 2pc. 8Wt. Rod, Cahill Graphite Crystal River 7-9wt reel, Super Line WF8WT line in Blaze Orange, Dacron 20lb backing. Lots of Poppers, big streamers, dry flies(not sure on the names-they are for trout),terrestrials, lots of saltwater flies. I'm taking a daytrip to the Caney Fork river this Saturday with hopes of catching my first trout. I would greatly appreaciate any guidance and help anyone can offer. Thanks in advance, and great fishing to all!
Mark <::><

Last edited by bigpopper; 07-08-2008 at 09:01 PM..