View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 06:07 PM

Pete Cz
Good insight about the trophy stream. I guess on my part it is wishful thinking but I would like to see a stream or part of a stream become a trophy stream. I know Little River holds some large Browns because I have caught several over the years. I have hooked 3 in the past 5 years that I could not handle and they eventually broke my leader ( 8 pound test). I have fished all day for one bit at my flies. Some days when I fish I may not even get a look from a fish. I enjoy fishing for those monsters it is what drives me to go out and try. Do not take me wrong I do enjoy just being out of doors and enjoying what God has created for all of us.
I use really big flies when I fish. Other fly fisherman look at my flies in confusion. One guy (he was from out of town and not a fisherman) asked me if I was fishing for SteelHeads. I told him "no" "I was fishing for trout." I got a chuckle from the guys reaction. If I fish tail waters it takes me a good 2 hours to get to these waters. It would be nice to have some big fish water alot closer. I can be at Little River in 30 to 40 mins. from my home. If a stream held a good number of large fish it would give a person a better chance at a true trophy. But I have always been told that a trophy is in the eye of the beholder. I wounder if Trout Unlimited could help with funding for a stream. Any way it is good to dream... By the way have you ever seen a possum hare nymph? Agian you make some really good points that I did not stop to think about. Enjoy your post...

May God Bless You... John 3:16

Bill