View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennswede View Post
I was waiting for that one, Yes I am an outsider but it is irrelevant. I know all about the Tellico project and I can even put Hungary on a map.

Anyway, What you fail to understand is the fact that before TVA these rivers were not trout fisheries. If we relly want to be stewards of the environment we should breach the dams and everything will revert to warm water fisheries. Your points are moot because you are facing an artificially created fishery. I love the trout fishing as much as you do and yes I think the Tellico project was a work of politicians but still, the rivers we are talking about were not trout rives except Little T.
I was not making light of the fact you were from somewhere else merely probing to see if you were familiar with the project that is all.

I clearly said your second statement in my post, you must have missed it. For me and what I like to do, it would be fine with me if there wasn't another trout stocked in our rivers and they were converted back to warmwater fishers. People like me can only imagine what it would be like to have that much, that size, and that many more super rich smallmouth centric fisheries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennswede View Post
I think the Tellico project was a work of politicians but still, the rivers we are talking about were not trout rives except Little T.
Hans this statement is completely false. The Little Tennessee was not a "trout river", it was another tailwater just like the Clinch, Holston, Hiwasee, Caney Fork, Elk, Duck, South Holston, Watauga, Ft Patrick Henry, and Cumberland. No difference except TVA slapped a dam up which doesn't even have generators, has no real means of flood control, and was only erected to created hundreds of miles of shoreline for development. The Little T was another artificially created trout stream from a TVA dam.