View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 12:01 PM

There is now only 45 minutes left to my fishing....I had seen a fish swirl above the boat earlier in the evening but Clar and I had decided it was a brook trout because the swirl was small....5 minutes after I release my last fish the one above the boat swirls again...salmon for sure this time....Clar pulls the boat up river and I tie on one of the bombers I had tied before the trip....I begin casting....third cast...savage strike...I miss...again....

For the next 3-4 casts the fish knocks the fly off the water with its nose....not eating it but playing with it......then nothing.....I work another area were we expect the big fish to be and come back a few minutes later....third or fourth cast...huge take...I miss again...thought I had him hooked for a second, but not sure....cast again...about the third cast another huge take....fish on!

Biggest fish of the trip by far at least 14 lbs.....9-10 jumps...Clar just missed this one....

fighting shot....notice the two bombers in my hat...

Great fish.....I go to tail him and miss....he jumps off the fly....no worries....

Total for the trip 7 days fishing.....5 hooked 4 brought in for a look.....2 on wets, 3 on bombers, one on a fly I tied......

Amazing trip.....

If you want a solid guide on a big fish river get ahold of Clarence Wareham, Corner Brook NF. I have his number, his email doesn't seem to be working at the moment...