View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Fly n View Post
PS.. What is a Blue Raider anyway?
Middle Tennessee State. I'll be a student there next fall. MTSU has pulled off some upsets lately, so I'm kinda psyched about going there if the football team gets better like it has been doing. But I'm going to be a pilot, and they have one of the top 5 flight teams in the nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Romer View Post
Listen to you!!

A few posts ago you were whining just like BRF "I can't catch anything on the Caney... where are all the fish?? ... what am I doing wrong??" and now you're offering sound advice!? Where did this come from??

congrats! You're not only addicted, you know what's going on and how to explain it. Very gratifying...

Now for some specifics.

The 12' that Grumpy was referring to was for some specific areas along the Caney's course. Lancaster is not one of them. Most of the Lancaster area is way too shallow (when it's wade-able) to use anything over 3' on your dropper - even up against the bank. So 24" to 36" in the Lancaster area should work just fine. And, yes, yarn indicators are move able so start at 24" and adjust from there.

The area below the bluffs (and just before the bluffs if you're drifting) is full of some very deep, slow pools where you can extend your dropper to some incredible depths. There are a few killer browns in there, but there's also a lot of deep hidden structure there so you've got to be pretty careful.

Congrats, Trey! You're now suddenly giving back and I think that's great

Gerry

You've been my mentor for god knows how long now, 5 months? And you've NEVER gotten angry with my questions that I'm sure you've answered a dozen more times than you cared to. Why WOULDN'T I want to give back? Fly fishing has changed my life, it's sad to admit but I LOVE IT!

You want to know what I'm doing next, buddy? Buying 2 kayaks to put in the back of my dad's truck so a friend and I can go float the Caney whenever we want, and not have to wait on my dad so we can cram into the jon boat. I saw a lot of people fly fishing from kayaks, and it seemed like it was a lot of fun.

I swear one day I will find a way to pay you back for all that you've done for me.