View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemEAngler View Post
Pretty funny stuff there. Sometimes you wonder how something that can be such a challenge to catch at times can do something that appears to be so crazy.

Travis
My jaw seriously dropped... I found it odd that a brown of all species in that river would fall for something so stupid. I was even casting my shadow, and the shadow off the rod on him! Sometimes I forget why I love that river so much and that was a prime example of why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFan View Post
Nice story I've seen them use me for cover as well. Glad to hear you latched onto a big one! I've yet to catch one over about 16 inches. I bought some new indicators myself and will be out soon to try then out!
A brookie was hangin' out with him, but as soon as I moved my rod to drop the fly behind me he scattered, the brown flickered, but continued to eat everything that came his way. Hungry little dude...

To be completely honest, a size 14 Elk Hair Caddis is the best indicator money can buy for the Caney. It's .79 at BPS and browns go NUTS over them. I've never got a strike on an EHC from anything but a brown! They're usually larger fish, too!