View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 02:08 PM

Not to be a downer, but I saw something dissapointing at the Clinch last Sunday that I have been thinking about a lot this week. A guy waded up pretty close to me and yelled "are you keeping fish?" I said no. He pulled a stringer out of the water with 4-5 good fish on it and said "do you want these?". I said that I had no way of transporting them home and advised him to take them himself. He said "I can't because my wife doesn't know I was out fishing". I thought to my self, why did you keep a single fish in the first place?

He waded on toward the bank and encountered a friend of mine, who looked at the fish and said that one was a rather large brook trout. The thing that bothered me most of all was that when I glanced at the fish, one of them looked to be in the 14-20 slot.

I am a catch & release guy, so this affects me a little different than most people. I don't have a problem with people who choose to keep fish, and I understand that harvesting fish helps control their population, I just don't care for waste.

How does everyone handle a situation like this?