View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 08:12 PM

Default Tva

SnailDarter,
With a name like that I can't resist.......don't worry, TVA will gladly give those folks $263 per acre of the land they lost, just like they did when they stole the Tellico area. Maybe not, now they don't have Jimmy C. to overturn the Wild and Scenic River Act in order to do it!

Where is Al Gore when you need him most, and in his own state!? Oh, I forgot he's not running for president..

On a serious note. I have been down at the KSP fishing when the coal cars come in, an move at 3mph dumping coal to burn. It is amazing. There are two sides to this story. Cheap, toxic source that does destroy mountains, rivers, and truly only kills out generations of the workers either immediately or through long term diseases. However, with this country fuel/energy starved, coal is cheap. TVA only generates 20% hydro, and the rest is mostly coal with some nuclear thrown in. I agreed with McCain on this one.....if the French can go mostly nuclear and do it safely, why can't we?

Last edited by Flat Fly n; 12-28-2008 at 08:43 PM..