Thread: Flies???
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 07:44 PM

The Internet is a global network of interconnected computers, enabling users to share information along multiple channels. Typically, a computer that connects to the Internet can access information from a vast array of available servers and other computers by moving information from them to the computer's local memory. The same connection allows that computer to send information to servers on the network; that information is in turn accessed and potentially modified by a variety of other interconnected computers. A majority of widely accessible information on the Internet consists of inter-linked hypertext documents and other resources of the World Wide Web (WWW). Computer users typically manage sent and received information with web browsers; other software for users' interface with computer networks includes specialized programs for electronic mail, online chat, file transfer and file sharing.
The movement of information in the Internet is achieved via a system of interconnected computer networks that share data by packet switching using the standardized Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP). It is a "network of networks" that consists of millions of private and public, academic, business, and government networks of local to global scope that are linked by copper wires, fiber-optic cables, wireless connections, and other technologies.

Wiki Def-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet

Gotta love the net! But seriously you both bring up good points and something I struggle with frequently. It seems to becoming more and more prevelant as the days pass! Information sharing in fly fishing. More frequently known in fly fishing as "Hot Spotting!" I also believe that someone who jumps in for there first time knowing every secret is not being verry sporty and takes the fun out of the sport. I think that's where you were going with what you said. I think everyone deserves to get the ol fish slap every once and a while. It hones our skills and makes us better fisherpersons!

It's a double edge sword we walk when sharing info. We want the sport to thrive to drive down costs of rods and fly fishing specialty equipment, but we seem scared to share information to help a new fellow out.

Remember that 10% of the fisherman catch 1% of the fish! Something to think about. I don't know where or how the phrase was "coined" but as I continue to fish this becomes a more realistic number.

Finally for the original question. Take a day off brother and spend it at LRO on a slow day. Pick there brains that's what they get paid to do. I hope you enjoy the sport as much as I have and currently do. I hope you do well and learn quickly!

~Brett