Thread: Broke my slump
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2009, 09:57 PM

Default The nice thing about living in Beaufort

One of the great things about living in Beaufort is that you are never very far away from redfish fishing. My buddy Larry called me this afternoon to let me know that the wind had layed down, and it just so happens that High tide was at 7PM. I could get to one of my spots by about 545pm. I met Larry there, and we fished for about an hour (it was about 6pm by the time I got out to the flat).

Larry was already working a fish when I got there, and he finally got the fish to eat. It was a nice fish in the 20 inch range. He caught it on my crab pattern above.

I saw a couple of fish, then found one moving toward the creek. I had to make about 3 casts, then He took my spoon fly and ran right of the creek. It was deffinately a nicer fish, and I faught him for about 5 minutes and then the hook came loose. I can honestly say that this is the first time this has happened to me on a Redfish this summer. I have caught over 20 fish this summer, and broke of another 10, all on the hookset, but haven't had one get off after the hookset.

I did get the chance to cast to another fish, and he was more than willing to take my spoonfly also. He was in the 20 inch range as well.