View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 11:43 PM
JohnH0802's Avatar
JohnH0802 JohnH0802 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 454

Another common term for a face shield is a balaclava...although the ones I used were when I was in the Marine Corps and were designed mostly for warmth, although they did have lighter ones for the desert. We always pronounced the word as "baklava" so I think that is where you got that from.

The link is for one on Orvis:


Last edited by JohnH0802; 11-19-2009 at 11:50 PM.. Reason: add link for balaclava
Reply With Quote