View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 04:14 PM

Aaron,
I'm at a total loss for words. I'm usually not a very emotional guy but I'm not one bit ashamed to admit that tears are dripping off the end of my nose as I type this.

One My friend's son was hurt in Iraq while serving his second tour as a Marine and my best friend's daughter has her fiance in Afghanistan right now serving as a scout sniper for the USMC.

I've known both of these kids since they were in diapers and they are as much my children as my own son is.

I can't even begin to imagine you pain.
As sad as I am right now and multiply that by several thousand times and I'd probably be coming close to what you're feeling on a good day.

Please tell his family that there is at least one hillbilly here in Kentucky that is actively praying for them and who is deeply appreciative of your brother's service and sacrifice.

I sincerely wish I could turn back time a couple weeks and make this not have happened but that cannot be done.

Please do know we're praying for you and your family. Please also know that through your words here, your brother's life and ultimate sacrifice has touched many hearts here.

Jeff Sluder