View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 11:57 PM

Default General question for JoeFred

Hi JoeFred. Ive been following all your maps and would first like to take the time to personally thank you for all your hard work and sharing it with us. I can't even begin to think about the countless hours you've spent staring at the computer screen and doing the research it takes to make these maps possible.

Second, I was just wondering if you had a degree or some sort of training in GIS. At 26 Ive decided to go back to school and am currently working on a 2 year degree in Env. Sci. Tech. At the school that I go to they offer a certificate in GIS and for me it would only mean that I would have to take 3 or 4 more classes to attain that. My question is if you do have a degree and have retained a career with it if you would be willing to converse in email so that I can ask you some questions about it and everything. Its been my experience that if you want to know about something then talk with someone that has experience in it. You can read all the books and do all the research you want, but often times you'll learn alot more, and get more straight forward info from that person in say an hour of talking (hypethetically speaking (sp?)) than you would from all the research.

Thanks
Brad Redmon