View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 06:24 PM

You know; I seem to always attract the jerks in life. Probably the main reason I never go to bars. It seems that someone always has to smart off to me or give me their opinion about what I am doing. I am not sure why this happens. I do not carry a firearm fishing; because I feel I can handle me self with what God has given me-a brain

Know sometimes; people really rub me the wrong way and I have to voice my thoughts back at them. A few times I have helped them take a quick nap. The ironic thing is; I would do anything to help someone or would be pleased to make a new friend. However, I believe some people get glossed by alcohol and the false security of being in a group. Unfortunately, I think there will be some gun owners that hide behind the security of carrying a gun and they will feel compelled to be true @34es!

I guess my point is; we as fly fisherman need to maintain and express an organizational behavior of being kind and considerate sportsmen. I hope I/we can remember to step back a moment during times of confrontation. I always try and smile first when meeting someone and offer a kind hello.

A good idea is to use your digital cameras and phones to report people if trouble comes up. Also, get the ranger and local police numbers before you go on a trip.

SM
to choose, to respond, to change.”